• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdpilot

FOR SALE 1.5 hr SCMOH Volkswagon engine conversion for the Sonex. This engine was completely rebuilt by a very good Volkswagon overhaul shop just 1.5 running hours ago. It was in the Sonex that I purchased, was removed because I am working on a new engine for installation in the Sonex. It did have a very minor idle-power prop strike on the first attempted test flight, one blade of the very thin wood prop broken. I still have the prop if you would like pictures of it. The prop basically was "bumped" on only the one blade. There is no engine damage that I can see, and it comes with all the new upgrade accessories, complete well-done baffling, and motor mount for the tri-gear Sonex. This is about an $8,000 engine. I will take $4,000 for it. Can ship anywhere in the USA, for shipping costs. Free pickup if you wish that.

Back