• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

1971 Sonerai logo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMartin

Was looking at different photos and paperwork of the Sonerai logo in the early days. Seems there are slight variations of the same logo. Some have a flat top and some arched on the center top. I made one in CorelDraw. Here is a png of the vector file I made.
Does anyone know what it is, means or any history on it?
Thanks

Attachments

• sonerai_emblem.png
    sonerai_emblem.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 45
@Soneraifred Thanks Fred.
I have the same initials and I don't see it. Someone has more of a imagination than I do. I see the "M" and that's it.

After staring at this thing for awhile now, I think I need to change some angles a bit to get it right. I can then use the vector file to make vinyl stickers or whatever.

This one is pretty close to what was on the 1971 racer. The letters were close to each other on the plane so I decided to join them.

Attachments

• sonerai_emblem.png
    sonerai_emblem.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 71
Wie Gehts Juergen,
I actually live on a grass strip 3NM South of where your S-1 was built. The builder visited me while I was giving rides in 994SP to the grand kids one day. He shared the amazing story of building and flying it 25 years ago with a salvaged junkyard 1600CC VW. He later made an epic XC to Oshkosh (as you know) and then sold it to you.

I regularly buzzed his strip in the S2 on my "dawn patrols", my favorite time to fly here.
Thanks for sharing the pic.

Tcheus!
Smokey
PS: He also told me I needed a new prop as he didn't think I was revving enough on takeoff! (He was right, and I did.)

Hi Smokey,
I know this aerea from above, but not this grass strip...
In 2009 a take some vacancy in Jim's house and fly round the aerea with a Spezio TuHoler.
Perhaps next year I want to watch Reno races...
with best regards
Juergen

Back