• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

42nd Annual Ky EAA Rough River Fly-in, Sept 9, 10, 11, 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom H

In case any of you are in the area next weekend, we are hold our fly-in at Rough River State Park Airport, 2 India 3.

Fri is mostly arrival day.

On Sat, if the weather is reasonable, we should have arrivals and departures from morning till late afternoon. We'll have a grill set up and run by Little Dave's Restaurant for the lunch period. There will be some raffles that you can buy into. We plan to have a short poker run and a spot landing contest in the afternoon.

In the evening, we will have an awards reception with a speaker and drawings for the prizes.

Sunday is mostly departures.

I plan to fly our Double Eagle, Stubby to the fly-in once again. It isn't a Sonerai, but it does have a VW engine.

Hope to see some of you there.

Too bad the weather was not better last weekend, at least at my departure end.

Rough River (2I3) looks like a nice overnite destination with camping/food/showers within walking distance. I see the Canard guys have an annual fly-in there too...

Wafer, sounds like you may have considered coming down. Thanks for the try.

Yes, weather was not good to us, again. Friday was stormy, finally clearing by end of day. Sat. was forecast to be "OK" early, but weather moving in. I think the threats kept many potential attendees at home. As it often turns out, Sun was picture-perfect, and we had some arrivals who finally made it, but most were leaving. Frustrating, but we'll try again next year.

Rough River is a good place to go for Sat/Sun lunch. They have a real good buffet. The lodge rooms are dated, (as they should be at a State Park, in my opinion), but clean.

The Canard guys have their fly-in there on Sept 23 weekend. I have always wanted to visit it, but haven't, and won't be able to this year, either. Hope they have great weather.

Yeah, forgot they have lodge rooms for rent too.

I will visit for an overnite stay, and keep an eye on the 43rd event...

Back