• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aero Classic Tube Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonfilipa

Supporting Member
So I'm looking to get tubes and tires mounted for the first time to get my airframe on the gear and wheels and had a question on tube installation. I purchased a set of Aero Classic tubes, and was curious if others who have used these have utilized the thin silver nut and associated washer or have left it off. I can see how it could help stabilize the stem in the split rim and avoid rotation and potentially avoid shearing off the stem, but it also looks like a bit of a pain to get at and I'm wondering if I really need it or not. As in inflating the tires is enough to avoid any significant rotation. Looking for others thoughts on this. Thanks! - Jon

Attachments

• tube.jpg
    tube.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 9
Back