Aeroinjector Issue

Help Support Sonerai.net:

Bil438

When I pull the aeroinjector mixture lever out to fuel cutoff the lever in the Aeroinejctor sticks OFF. Most time I need to get under the engine through the cowl flap to free it.
Does anyone have a fix or a workaround for that?
My engine is a J3300.
Bill

kennyw

2nd and current "Caretaker" N994SP
Does the wire-wound outer casing move at all when you move the mixture lever?

I had this problem. The cable would actually wag side to side and move back and forth through several clamps. I'd have to reach under the instrument panel and wiggle the cable while someone else pushed the cable a bit.

My fix was to replace a couple of cushion clamps with the all-metal clamps that hold the cable outer casing in place without crushing it, add an additional clamp, and make sure the cable has as little bend as possible.

Bil438

I'm running an aeroinjector on my jabiru 3300 engine @125 hp.

what I've learned
- engine does not like to have a fuel pump on below say 2600 rpm. if you chop the throttle on the ground it may quit. prop carries the engine in flight.
- mine also coughes between 1700-2200-- rpm. but once it has fkown 20 minutes that stops. it doesn't do it in ffight. so i'm going to ram air vent tubes for both tanks. |__. I have a sample of a Jabiru fuel vent. May make those because they prevent mud daubers getting in.
- I suspect that when you use the mixture or fuel selector to shutdown, air gets into the fuel system . idle as low as it will, turn off the mags then turn off the fuel selector. Takes running time to get it out.
- i now run 5/16" id fuel {(clear blue) lines. that helps. replace every 3 years.
- if i want more than 2800 rpm, it wants a pump on. To get 180 mph , it needs 3300 rpm. current pump is facet 1-4 psi.
BillE

Good afternoon,

I am now into taxiing the Sonerai in preparation for flight.
During the rebuild, I took off the original POSA carb and installed a never used Aeroinjector.
The engine will idle smoothly but will sputter/fluctuate in RPM & consistently stall in between the range of 1700-2100.
Once above the 2100, it runs great and produces good power.
The static RPM is 3100.
Mixture has been set rich.

I have a K&N air filter installed and will hopefully running it this weekend (however the wxx looks like rain until Tuesday) without to see if there is any change.

Any suggestions as to why it's running like a bag of hammers in the 1700-2100 range?

AirSkip2012

when I bought my Sonerai IIL, it had a fully rebuilt engine due to prop strike, bent gear, and new prop, all due to the AeroInjector carb the guy had on it when he bought it. That carb has an inherent problem and will at times stick. Do your research. I believe there is a fix for it. He's lucky to be alive. It had a Revflow on it when I purchased it from him. Though hard to prop start alone, due to no primer, it seemed to fine during break-in. However, I never flew the airplane......sad.... I file 13'd the AeroInjector.

NX237F

when I bought my Sonerai IIL, it had a fully rebuilt engine due to prop strike, bent gear, and new prop, all due to the AeroInjector carb the guy had on it when he bought it. That carb has an inherent problem and will at times stick. Do your research. I believe there is a fix for it. He's lucky to be alive. It had a Revflow on it when I purchased it from him. Though hard to prop start alone, due to no primer, it seemed to fine during break-in. However, I never flew the airplane......sad.... I file 13'd the AeroInjector.
I have a revflow with a hidden prime function the Aero Injector shoudl have it too none of the mfgs ouline this feature... 1. Gravity feed fuel to carb. 2. Crack trottle. 3. Push full rich for ~5 one thousand mileage may vary. 4. Hit start button and advance full rich when she catches on the first blade everytime!

Latest posts