• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Any Flying Sonerai or previous Sonerai pilots near Altoona, PA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennyw

2nd and current "Caretaker" N994SP
Supporting Member
We have a gentleman near Altoona that has purchased a Sonerai project. I don't think he's on this site yet. He's looking for a mentor and hasn't had much luck yet.

You can reply here or PM me if you want. I'm just trying to help him out. It looks like he might have a little plane with some potential with a little guidance.

Did you ever find out if he's joined yet? I hope someone can help him if he is here.

I don't know if he has yet. I made sure he knows about the forum. I'm hoping he gets matched up with a mentor. His project has spent a few years in storage. And, I think it needs going over by someone who knowledgeable about Sonerai and VW engines.

There's another guy on the Sonerai page on FaceBook in the same shape. I suggested he join this forum as well.

I live in Waynesboro, Pa 17268 about 65mi away. I did not build the II LS with a 2180GP that I own, but I do fly it regularly and maintain it along with my local A&P/AI. It was built by J. Vercammen. I’m in the middle of a Condition Inspection now. I would help where I can.

Attachments

• E4D37481-3816-4B78-85D2-60B7FEF255DF.jpeg
    E4D37481-3816-4B78-85D2-60B7FEF255DF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 50FA6F02-DE9B-456D-A782-50E9FFA18DAE.jpeg
    50FA6F02-DE9B-456D-A782-50E9FFA18DAE.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 0
Back