Anyone own a Sonex?

Help Support Sonerai.net:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Curious if anyone moved from a Sonerai to a Sonex?

DeadRinger

I flew in one once. I wouldn’t own the a model. Headset hits the canopy to much. Ie to much taper at the shoulders. I sat in the B model at osh it had way better space around your head. I think the dash was bigger too.

Cannonball

I fly a buddy's Xenos from time to time and I've flown a Sonex. John did a great job with those series of planes and engines! Now I need my buddy to get the jet...

XSonerai

Yes, I switched from Sonerai. Now selling the Sonex and moving on to a Jabiru. Had 2000 hours on the Sonerai and 1000 on the Sonex.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have any photos you could share? I'm sure others would love to see your Sonex.

ChuckerF14

Yes, I switched from Sonerai. Now selling the Sonex and moving on to a Jabiru. Had 2000 hours on the Sonerai and 1000 on the Sonex.
For those that may not recognize it, the Sonerai Dave (XSonerai) speaks of is N136DE. He built a wonderful bird and flew it all over the country. Many received their first Sonerai flight in Dave's machine. I'm doing my best to take care of his creation and help the legacy continue.

The profile photo shows Dave in N136DE when it was powered by his trusty ol' Continental A80.