• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Anyone own a Sonex?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Curious if anyone moved from a Sonerai to a Sonex?

I flew in one once. I wouldn’t own the a model. Headset hits the canopy to much. Ie to much taper at the shoulders. I sat in the B model at osh it had way better space around your head. I think the dash was bigger too.

I fly a buddy's Xenos from time to time and I've flown a Sonex. John did a great job with those series of planes and engines! Now I need my buddy to get the jet...

Yes, I switched from Sonerai. Now selling the Sonex and moving on to a Jabiru. Had 2000 hours on the Sonerai and 1000 on the Sonex.

Do you have any photos you could share? I'm sure others would love to see your Sonex.

Yes, I switched from Sonerai. Now selling the Sonex and moving on to a Jabiru. Had 2000 hours on the Sonerai and 1000 on the Sonex.
For those that may not recognize it, the Sonerai Dave (XSonerai) speaks of is N136DE. He built a wonderful bird and flew it all over the country. Many received their first Sonerai flight in Dave's machine. I'm doing my best to take care of his creation and help the legacy continue.

The profile photo shows Dave in N136DE when it was powered by his trusty ol' Continental A80.

I built and flew sonex number 199 in 2000. Put 1200 hrs on with a 3300 jab . Sold it in 2011. I like doing aerobatics in the sonex better than my vans RV6A

Back