• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ben's Sonerai 2L

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blw

* Model: Sonerai IIL (SN01367L)
* Engine: Revmaster 2100D
* Propeller make: Will likely order a Sterba
* Static RPM: TBD
* Starter and/or alternator installed: There is a starter installed on a HAPI case but I plan to remove it
* Instruments and avionics: Basic VFR Panel
* Date project started: Started the rebuild in spring of 2013
* Date of first flight and how many hours on the Hobbs: September 14, 1982, 155.9TT
* Previous owners if any: I believe 3 prior to myself including the builder

Hey Guys,
My name is Ben and I am from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I am relatively new to the forum other then spending a tonne of time reading the forum and visiting with a couple of members (namely Gaston and Matt) who have been so helpful already!
I bought my Sonerai from a guy in Princeton, British Columbia who had brought it up a couple years back on the ack of a Mazda 1/4 tonne truck! You may have seen the pictures.
It started life as N317LA in North Dakota and was built from 1983-1984 and as far as I can see was last flown in April of 1989 after 155 hours of flying.
The gentleman who built it did quite a nice job but after nearly 25 years of not flying I decided to tear it apart and go through everything before putting my own butt in the seat.
As I have read this forum and as I have been tearing my plane down I have accumulated quite a few questions and look forward to talking with you all about them! Thanks in advance.

Ben Wierenga

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    361.5 KB · Views: 149
Here is what it looks like today

Attachments

• IMG_1105.JPG
    IMG_1105.JPG
    449.4 KB · Views: 150
Back