• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Blaster Cabinet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elviar

Guys,

My grit blaster cabinet started as a Kenmore clothes dryer. I removed all the dryer workings and removed the front panel with the door opening. The box was rotated 90 degrees so the front of the machine then became the bottom, where the tapered catch bin was attached. I think I used metal panels from a refrigerator for the bin.. The cabinet is mounted on angle iron legs made from old bed rails. The former front panel with the access door was moved to the right side. There are two jelly jar incandescent lights inside the cabinet. The removeable side window is plexiglass and is covered with replaceable transparent sheet protectors, taped in place. A bead of silicone sealant assures a good seal. The blaster is a cheap portable unit sitting inside the cabinet, and it's manually filled by emptying the catch bin through the bottom drain plug. The gloves are from Harbor Freight, and the vacuum is from Ace Hardware. The pictures should answer most questions.

Attachments

• Dryer.JPG
    Dryer.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Blaster1.JPG
    Blaster1.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF9666.JPG
    DSCF9666.JPG
    833.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF9663.JPG
    DSCF9663.JPG