• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Broken Canopy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccranford

Trying to get airbourne
Hi All

Hopefully there is soemone here that can help me.
A while back I posted that my canopy for my S1 got damaged in a winter incident (my coverall collasped on the plane)
According to information I could find the canopy for the S1 is actually a KR1 canopy cut down.
So I have contacted the Air Plastics in Ohio and tried to order a canopy......but I have had no luck. First it took forever for someeone to answer my emails and phone messages, then when I tried to order and pay for the canopy, no one returned my emails ...... so it appears I am SOL .......
Anyway I am not here for a rant on the company but I am holping soemone can help me
I am looking for one of the following;

1) S1 canopy that someone may have that they would like to sell
2) Back end of a S2 canopy that I can modify to fit..... Ed;s idea and a good one I think..... soemone must have the back end of thier S2 canopy that theu are not using
3) How to go about doing a flat wrap canop similar to the Cassut

ADDENDUM TO MY PREVIOUS POST :)

The system posted my message before I was finished............ and prrof read it........lol

If anyone can help please email, call or IM me

I appreciate any help that can be offered .........

Cheers :)

I don't understand how you would use the back end of an S-II canopy, guess if it were a blown bubble like the front half.

Irregardless I used the front half of an S-II canopy, chances are you will of course have to modify and/or weld up a steel frame. I used an aluminum skirt. My gallery has some good pics of my canopy installation.

Kevin

Back