• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Carburator for aerobatics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Westerburg

My Tech counselor stopped by my hanger last night and we were discussing my plans for my Soneri II L and he said that I would need to change the carburator from my RevFlow to something with a float bowl and add a pump for aerobatics.

Is that true for Loops and Rolls? I figured Positve G aerobatics wouldnt need anything special?

Thanks,

Your tech counselor is way wrong. A carb with a float bowl won't sustain negative Gs. You are better off with the Revflow. Keep in mind that your fuel supply i.e. tank will need to have an inverted pick up tube and your oil system would have to be heavily modified as well. Like you said, keep it positive and you don't need to do anything. You can do rolls and loops all day long and maintain positive G.

Meh, ...if you keep it positive (even 0.5G) you'll be fine. I have the Zenith carb and a "per-plans" fuel delivery system on 4SP. And, If I accidentally get a little too light going over the top, the engine will hiccup. But, as soon as I start to load it up again, all is fine. I do all the approved manuevers listed in the Sonerai II POH that Fred used to sell.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. Postive G's are positive G's no matter what the orientation of the airplane.

Back