• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Counterweights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmleff

If I were to do it again, I would use the internal counterweights shown in Fred's wing manual, especially with my Hoerner tips. It has taken me as long to make the integrate the counterweights as it did to make the tips.

Even with the stock tips this task would be simplified.

Any chance that you have templates or a source for Hoerner wingtips?? Sure would appreciate an answer.

Thanks,

Claude

Having just completed this task on the wings I have (previous partial built wings) I would rather follow a modified version of my original 1 plans with the counterbalance mounted on the aileron and sandwiched between the wing and tip. At first I thought this did not look as nice a using the wing tip but now that i have done it I think it's probably easier,stronger, and more aerodynamic. It would certainly make wing tip closure easier.

Please post some photos of our aileron weights. Thanks
BillE

Well I didn't take a pic of the weights... just cast a lead piece in that would rivet in the tip rib.

Attachments

• IMG_2012.JPG
    IMG_2012.JPG
    653.9 KB · Views: 142
Back