• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

craigs list sonerai 1 for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up. I was curious and gave him a call. He didn't seem very familiar with the airplane. Sounds like he bought it, replaced engine (5 years ago) and it has been sitting since then. He stated it was a GP 1600, do they even sell a 1600? I asked him about S-mod, he didn't know or understand. Do S1's get the S-mod also? I assume so from the racing history.

BTW, I've seen Schmleff and a couple of other pretty highly modified S1's give performance numbers, but I don't think I've ever seen somebody give real world S1 numbers on a fair stock standard sized engine.

Ross

I think the 1600 c.c. numbers are more like 3.5 to 4.0 gph at 145 to 150 mph cruise…..When I mean 'cruise', I am talking about at least 3600 rpm for the 1600 engine……Ed

i have a 2100 cc engine an I'm getting 5gph at 3200 rpm and 145 mph indicated but mine is a sonerai 2

with the old engine 1600cc, there was about 3.5 gph at 150mph cruise at 3600rpm
with my new engine 2200cc, there is about 4.5 gph at 180mph cruise at 3600rpm
cruise is with about 23/24 inch manifold pressure at mostly about 3500-4000ft MSL
I had this numbers on cruise legs about 1 h or more...

with best regards
Juergen

juergen said:
with the old engine 1600cc, there was about 3.5 gph at 150mph cruise at 3600rpm
with my new engine 2200cc, there is about 4.5 gph at 180mph cruise at 3600rpm
cruise is with about 23/24 inch manifold pressure at mostly about 3500-4000ft MSL
I had this numbers on cruise legs about 1 h or more...

with best regards
Juergen

Juergen, if my Sonerai performs like yours... I will be thrilled!

It shows why 'weight' control with a Sonerai 1 is so important. Juergen's Sonerai is one of the 'lighter' ones ever built…….Ed

Back