Dave Wilcox's N136DE has a new home

Help Support Sonerai.net:

shocktrooper

Nicely done Chucker! You clearly have an eye & skills for details and 'clean' craftsmanship!

I really like the diff. brake/rudder pedal layout ya got here. Next new mod. for my bird is a break away TW and diff. brakes on the rudder pedals. Im now encouraged & seriously considering an approximate clone of your set up for mine!
However, from the view in the pic, the pedals (appear) to be angled (quite a bit) forward, rather than more (upright), which makes it easier to keep your heels planted firmly on the floor and off the brake pedals until desired.
Could this cause some tendency for the feet to perhaps unintentionally, slide-up and press the brake(s) when only attempting to sway the rudder during taxi, TO & landing? Not being a busy-body-snark here...just asking... :)

shocktrooper

oops...I think I just answered my own (stupid) question...
On 2nd look at the pic...I see that the rudder cables are disconnected FRONT rudder pedals, & THATS WHY the REAR pedals are so far forward!
My-bad bro! sorry bout-dat! ::)

ChuckerF14

.... and thanks for the kind words, Shocktrooper!

Happy to send you detailed photos of whatever you decide to copy. I can't take credit for Dave's rudder/brake pedals....just the mounting and adjustments.

ChuckerF14

First engine run with cowling on. Ran for 25 minutes at 2000 RPM and excursions to 3100 RPM. CHT stabilized around 420 F and oil worked its way up to 210 F....but it took 25 minutes to get there. Without any ram air, I am thinking that the cooling is sufficient. However, I have read too many stories about first flight emergencies because of high temperatures. I just want to get your thoughts about these numbers running with the cowl and no ram air. Thanks!

ATB,
Chucker

Last edited: