• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

DOE Announces Battery Recycling Prize Phase III Winners ...etc!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phzabriskie

Supporting Member
So in my rainy day surfing I came across this. https://www.energy.gov/eere/articles/doe-announces-battery-recycling-prize-phase-iii-winners

But more interesting was following the links I found this. https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy22osti/80220.pdf
some cool info on what is happening in the electric aviation industry.
The sticky wicket always seems to come back to charging batteries for autos or planes..or etc. Until one of our ingenious grandchildren discover how to to acquire electricity the way a thunderhead cloud does....i.e. like a Christmas morning fuzzy slipper wearing parent getting a big jolt touching the plug after shuffling over the carpet. Pulling those ions out of the air or off of the tree tops...or OMG from a lighting bolt....I don't know how. But the juice is there to get. Ben Franklin proved it. How he didn't turn into toast is doing it is a good question. lol. my 2 cts for the season. Hope your Airventure was great. I watched from home. Terrific!

Back