First Flight Since Rebuild

Help Support Sonerai.net:

ChuckerF14

Thanks for the description.

When I initially installed the fuel tank, I didn't realize that the vent line went down in front of the landing gear (I reworked it after everything was completed).
I had installed a PCV valve to act as a vent.... that way it would allow suction but prevent fuel from splashing out.

Thinking of reincorporating it into the current system:
View attachment 15047

Normal venting can occur using the drain line - green line but if it ever gets plugged and a suction starts, the PCV would take over and allow air to enter through the top - orange arrows (under the cowling).

I think it would be a simple fix with parts I already have.
Thoughts?
It looks like a simple fix. Worst case, fuel is trapped in vent line due to ram air pressure. In that scenario you would still have atmospheric pressure through your PCV.

ChuckerF14

Has anyone here attempted a "static thrust" test with a direct reading scale, like one of the large spring type fish scales?

In theory, he should be developing around 200lbs of static thrust with that prop @3,100rpm.
A static pull thrust would remove all doubt. However, if the prop is truly turning 3100rpm, the only thing that could limit the thrust would be a poorly shaped/pitched prop.