• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

For Sale: N982AV in NC, USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shocktrooper

My recently improved, upgraded, recovered/repainted 2L is for sale. I have some orthopedic neck, back and hip issues that are aggravated and at times quite painful due to the small confines and seating position in this plane. It simply 'hurts' when I fly it for more than a few laps around the pattern. I am an "old mechanic" but a "newbie pilot". I find this bird to possibly be a bit higher in performance and demands than I am currently able to invest the stick-time in, to get to a 'proficient level' of skill and confidence in it. I am at a crossroads today, with the decision to likely undergo corrective surgery versus owning/ flying my own plane. If I continue to fly...I will simply have to find something with a seat more comfortable for my back and hip and more headroom for my cranium. I have flown it only a few times this past year, and she really deserves a new owner that can and will get it in the air (and enjoy it) more often. It is a very clean, reliable and good flying bird. I have put a great deal of labor and new parts/equipment into this bird over the past 3+ years. I am a retired commercial & GA industries A&P and have performed all upgrades, maintenance & inspections to professional standards. The annual condition inspection expires at end of this month. However, I would be willing to perform the 2020 inspection and sign off the logbooks for the next new owner, as an added incentive to purchase.
I have posted numerous pics of my work, here in my gallery.
Bottom line:
I paid $15,000 cash for it in summer 2016. Note; She was in "flying condition" but was a bit 'rough' for my personal & professional standards, especially 'firewall-forward' and 'electrically'.
I 'labored' on the fabrications, upgrades & installations (avg. 2 - 3 days a week) for a little over a year.
I have invested north of $4,000+ in parts/additional equipment. Even with the additions, she still weighs only 620 lbs. empty weight.
This 'aint' pylon racer weight, but she climbs out, cruises and maneuvers quite nicely. She looks FANTASTIC!
I can not and will not "just give it away", but all serious and respectful offers and communications to the effect will be welcomed, considered and appreciated.
I wanted to post here FIRST, to give fellow forum members 'first-dibs', before I put it out there on Barnstomers, and the "tire-kickers" call up to ask questions they should already know the answer to.
Please PM me if interested...thanks much!

Back