• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

For Sale - Sonerai IIL Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soneraifred

Supporting Member
I got the following email from Byron Poppenhagen a while ago. This looks like a great project for someone to finish.

"Dear Fred: I have a problem I hope you can help me with. A member of our EAA chapter (380 in Grand Forks ND) recently passed away and left the entire contents of his workshop to the chapter. This included a Sonerai 2 project, the fuselage is on the gear, the tail surfaces are done, both are ready to cover. The spars are built and the ribs are attached, wing skins are bent and ready to install. A cursory inspection also included wing tips, cowling, prop, and what I believe is new remaster conversion. There may be more parts we haven't found yet. The workmanship is first rate. Since I am the resident Sonerai expert I was charged with finding a buyer for the project, once the shop is cleaned I can get some pictures. If you could help us find a buyer it would be great.
Thanks Byron Poppenhagen"

Byron hasn't set a price, but is hoping for a reasonable offer, particularly since the Revmaster engine is new. His email address is [email protected].

Fred

Attachments

• IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 813
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 653
Back