• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Force One Bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschrom

Do you see how the axial oil channels in this Force One bearing go all the way to the end of the part? That doesn't seem right to me. The channels should terminate in order to deny the oil a shortcut out of the bearing.

Does anyone else happen to have one available for inspection? Is it the same?

Thx,
Ed

Attachments

• ForceOneBearing1.png
    ForceOneBearing1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
eschrom said:
Anybody?

Thanks,
Ed

I have a new one in a box but am currently out of town, should be able to update you by Wednesday if someone else is unable to confirm before then

Thanks, Jeff. See the pocket in the #1 main bearing right next to it? It does not extend to the edges. Was your oil pressure good with the F1 installed when you were running a stock 26-mm pump?

Bill, there is a hole in the bottom for drain back.

Ed

Ed,

No, the pocket does not extend to the edges. I am running stock sized gears in the pump now and have plenty of oil pressure.

Back