• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fuel hoses and fittings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhflyit

I'm about to order the fuel hoses, fire sleeve and connections...BUT...the cost is more than I recall. Is everyone using Aeroquip hoses and fittings from Aircraft Spruce? For my basic set up I'm looking at $300.

Any better solutions?

Take a look at Speedway motors and www.highflowfuel.com.

I just ordered the fittings for my system and had to order from both of them plus Wicks to get the things I need at a reasonable price. For example, Wicks was $10 cheaper than Spruce on a fitting. Another fitting was $5 less than Wicks at HighFlow.

I am about to order some hoses, preassembled from inductionsolutions.com

They make preassembled hoses for less than I can buy the pieces and parts. They make stainless steel teflon hoses with fittings pressure tested to 3000 psi.

Kevin

A really simple and inexpensive solution is to use AN840, AN842, and AN844 fittings, and automotive fuel hose with hose clamps. It may not be as elegant, but is very functional. I've got 3/8" ID hose from the tank to the firewall, and 1/4" ID from the firewall to the AeroCarb. The hose in the engine compartment has a firesleeve. Take a look the engine installation photos in my gallery. You'll also note that I don't have a gascolator, just an inline filter, and an aluminum block at the firewall with a Curtis drain valve installed.

oahupilot said:
I have ordered from this shop on ebay before, the parts are the same as any other place you might order from, often an better prices. Also aluminum tube is cheaper then braided line and makes for a clean installation.

http://stores.ebay.com/Performance-Dynamics-Speed-Shop?_rdc=1

Thanks for that, great link!
I just priced checked a pending shopping cart I have been working on for the last couple days this guy and this will certainly save me quite a few bucks in fittings and hose.
That guy has a pretty good selection too.

Back