Fuselage top and bottom cross members, view looking at bottom?

Help Support Sonerai.net:

JoeMartin

On station 79 to 127 and 127 to 172 you have diagonal cross members on both the top and bottom.
I have looked at all the pictures in here and see people have done it with both top and bottom going in the same direction from right to left and others have the top going from right to left and the bottom going from left to right.
In the plans for the bottom of the fuselage it says "View looking at bottom of fuselage".
Does this mean looking at the bottom from the bottom or looking at the bottom from the top? That would be the difference in why people have them the same or crisscrossed.
To me I would think you would want them crisscrossed.
Thanks again for your help.

Soneraifred

N99FK and me at OSH
Staff member
The bottom view is looking up from below the fuselage. The top view is looking down from above. This is standard drafting practice.

Mytonic

On station 79 to 127 and 127 to 172 you have diagonal cross members on both the top and bottom.
I have looked at all the pictures in here and see people have done it with both top and bottom going in the same direction from right to left and others have the top going from right to left and the bottom going from left to right.
In the plans for the bottom of the fuselage it says "View looking at bottom of fuselage".
Does this mean looking at the bottom from the bottom or looking at the bottom from the top? That would be the difference in why people have them the same or crisscrossed.
To me I would think you would want them crisscrossed.
Thanks again for your help.
If you look at the drawings for the front floor board and the seats, the bottom diagonals are same direction as the top.

Latest posts