• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fuselage top and bottom cross members, view looking at bottom?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMartin

On station 79 to 127 and 127 to 172 you have diagonal cross members on both the top and bottom.
I have looked at all the pictures in here and see people have done it with both top and bottom going in the same direction from right to left and others have the top going from right to left and the bottom going from left to right.
In the plans for the bottom of the fuselage it says "View looking at bottom of fuselage".
Does this mean looking at the bottom from the bottom or looking at the bottom from the top? That would be the difference in why people have them the same or crisscrossed.
To me I would think you would want them crisscrossed.
Thanks again for your help.

On station 79 to 127 and 127 to 172 you have diagonal cross members on both the top and bottom.
I have looked at all the pictures in here and see people have done it with both top and bottom going in the same direction from right to left and others have the top going from right to left and the bottom going from left to right.
In the plans for the bottom of the fuselage it says "View looking at bottom of fuselage".
Does this mean looking at the bottom from the bottom or looking at the bottom from the top? That would be the difference in why people have them the same or crisscrossed.
To me I would think you would want them crisscrossed.
Thanks again for your help.
If you look at the drawings for the front floor board and the seats, the bottom diagonals are same direction as the top.

Back