• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Great Plains 2276 - Crank flywheel dowels dimensions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czr7s1

Does anyone have the size (OD), qty, and hole circle dimension of the flywheel dowel holes in the end of a Great Plains 2276 stroked crank? I’ve never assembled a GP or big bore VW motor and am wondering if it’s different than a stock VW.

Also, what starters are you guys using? Anything (brand/style) I should stay away from?

Does anyone have the size (OD), qty, and hole circle dimension of the flywheel dowel holes in the end of a Great Plains 2276 stroked crank? I’ve never assembled a GP or big bore VW motor and am wondering if it’s different than a stock VW.

Also, what starters are you guys using? Anything (brand/style) I should stay away from?

The 82mm crank is likely to have 8 dowels rather thn tbe stock 4.

Have a look at SCAT 82mm stoker cranks and you should get an idea.

Pipster

Back