• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Guitars and amps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I build mostly Telecasters in metalflake or natural pine.
I built this one just to prove a point. Someone asked the question..."can a Telecaster be too pretty?" Here is the answer.
ReadyforStrings.jpg

blue one in process
right.jpg

Here is an unfinished piney with a hand tooled leather pickguard.
Piney_1_Close.jpg

I'm partial to the 2 x 12 bluesbreaker type 18 watt Marshall clones.
Built these from scratch with a TMB circuit.
18WattCabfront.jpg

cream cab
18Watt_Back.jpg

MoonLogoFinal.jpg

I do lots of mods too. Added custom OD and volume circuit on a Valve Junior and a Galaxy 10
FinishedFront.jpg

Pimped out VOX AD30VT with a MOD 10 speaker and Tung-Sol 12AX7
AD30VT_Goldpiping.jpg

Here is my indoor (livingroom) flyer.
3-7.jpg

As you can see, I modify literally everything I own and that is why I want to build my own airplane. I don't know if I will ever get it flying but it's the process that matters.

Nice! Those Tele's look awesome! I am looking for one myself.

Two classical acoustics, 3 electrics. I have overcome my urge to buy guitars in my old age ;D

Good work Jeff....now build guitars! ;) I love the tele with the leather...my good friend made one just like it back in 1973. As an Ampeg owner SK8 I must tell you I am wild about tube amps....if your sound half as good as they look they must be great....build a Sonerai just as good! ;D
-Pete

build a Sonerai just as good!

I'm working out the details on both PPL training and building my dream Sonerai.
I came to the conclusion that a Sonerai is the nicest and best handling airplane in it's class. Am I right?

Could there be a better choice for me....I don't think so.

Oh yeah Pete...I have a Soldano SLO 100...1981...perfect stock vintage with a Marshall 1960TV and a 1960 BX full stack. Life doesn't get any better than an amp that goes to 11. Look carefully at the knobs on the amp, they all go to 11. Spinal Tap was mocking this amp...great stuff....

http://www.youtube.com/v/Z4nZ1NIS54U&hl

Hot For Teacher would be a good tune while wringing out a Sonerai, lol.

Nice licks!

Tom

Great Soldano demo..really shows the versatility of the amp.
It truly goes from a nice clean Dumble Overdrive sound to a wicked RIP.

I got my class 3 med and student pilot license today...yayyyyyyy!

And here is a guy playing great music on a Line 6 Flextone III LS.
It is the best livingroom amp I've ever had. Can't use the Soldano in an apartment!

http://www.youtube.com/v/tfsa5VxJp58&hl

The Dumble sound to me is a bigger Fender Twin sound with more meat and juice. I wish I could afford a Dumble but I did buils a copy and the Line 6 does a good emulation.
The Soldano is not a one trick pony but I have to admit most of it's settings are more ZZ top or Van Halen than clean country.

Just because Stevie Ray Vaughn used a Dumble and ice picked it doesn diminish the sound when dialed in right.

I am selling my Soldano to pay for flight lessons. It'll be up on eBay soon.

I asked about Dumble because he worked my EB-3 bass. Way back in '74 when I went to Cali and he was just a little one man shop outside of Santa Cruz in Capitola. Did a nice job, fun guy.
-Pete

Back