• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello to all..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Moody

I have been reading on this sight for quite some time and have finally joined it as I plan to build a sonerai I. I recieved the plans a few months ago and have been reviewing them and will be collecting tools soon. I am currently going to school in Waco to become an A&P. I have been wanting to build a homebuilt for a long time and just couldn't decide on a plane I really liked, until I found the sonerai and there is no doubt in my mind this is the plane I want to build.

Clay

Welcome to the site Clay. You picked a great little airplane to build. Another S1! I think this design is seeing a revival.

-Scott

Hi Clay,
Welcome aboard, Alright another Sonerai-1 builder.
Jim C.
Idaho Spud Sonerai-1

Hi Clay,
welcome to the Sonerai Clan! ;D
I think, you can found many informations about this little great plane.
with best regards
Juergen

We should get a article done on the sonerai in sport avaition. It can be considered a classic, and would help spread the design to new potential buyers.

Andrew
Cp N3351W
PA32-260

I've been looking at the sonerai for about two years and really liked the older design of the plane, I'm not much for "modern," I grew up facinated with 30's racing planes. Ever since going to the tunica air races and talking to some of the formula pilots I loved the look and idea of the tiny opossed engine planes. I just graduated high school and will hopefully be going through airframe in my classes in the fall. But for now I'm going to get more books on airframe and practice welding. One thing I found really interesting is that I belong to a rubber band free flight club and of the less than 30 of us, three of us are building monett designs. Well, thanks for the welcome,
Clay

Welcome to the group, I love the design for many of the same reasons you mentioned. John Monett is a great guy....go to Oshkosh and meet him. Of course to get into Oshkosh you will want to be an EAA member...also a gerat idea.
-Pete

Hey, welcome to the group! Yea, well I maay still be a freshman, but I'm going to start building in the next mounth or two. Just theres that little thing known as money that seems to put a tampener on things???

Andrew Andraka
CP N3351W
RI, T.F Greene

Andrew,
I am suprised that you haven't found some way to get a build program going in your school. There are lots of awesome models around the country, like those kids in Montana.

Yea, that would be fun, but...
1. For some reason people on the east cost think flying is for billionairs
2. I got to a private catholic school....limited funding
3. Theres only about 3 of us (that I know about) that are even avaition orinented

I'd like too, the home business may have to carry me throu

Andrew

I got an offer for some loggable time for free (well, except for gas) from my dads shop foreman, Chris of Chris Aircraft (highly recromened by me for east coast servise) so yea, stick time in a 140=fun, more on that story if you want it

Clay Moody said:
I have been reading on this sight for quite some time and have finally joined it as I plan to build a sonerai I. I recieved the plans a few months ago and have been reviewing them and will be collecting tools soon. I am currently going to school in Waco to become an A&P. I have been wanting to build a homebuilt for a long time and just couldn't decide on a plane I really liked, until I found the sonerai and there is no doubt in my mind this is the plane I want to build.

Clay

Don't build a SI, its a horrible airplane....

Just kidding, welcome to the boards.

Back