• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How to read a sent PM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aviacs

When i write and send a PM, it shows a flag that says "sent successfully" or something to that effect.
However, i know by response elsewhere that at least the first 2 messages i ever sent were not received. Not sure about the 3rd.

On other message boards, if i write a message, i can still see the record/transcript of it somewhere. That does not seem to be the case here - I can see messages sent to me, but not my response back; (nor, again) any i have sent regardless whether initiator or respondent.

Help!

smt

Select My Messages from the main menu, then Messages over to the left. You'll see a drop-down that offers you your Sent Items.

Ed

Thank you, Eshrom.
I did not know about that.

However, now it is weirder. I have sent 3 messages so far. Drop-down "sent" shows "no messages".

smt

More confused than ever.

All messages responded to by me show " you have responded or forwarded this message".

Each message sent was greeted with "you have successfully responded"

Yet none of 4 show in my sent box or anywhere else i can see.

Chucker, i've sent several long message responses to you.

Sea Ray, i responded promptly to a message back when, now suspect it was never received at your end.

sorry guys!
smt

ehmcofab at gmail dot com

Aviacs said:
More confused than ever.

All messages responded to by me show " you have responded or forwarded this message".

Each message sent was greeted with "you have successfully responded"

Yet none of 4 show in my sent box or anywhere else i can see.

Chucker, i've sent several long message responses to you.

Sea Ray, i responded promptly to a message back when, now suspect it was never received at your end.

sorry guys!
smt

ehmcofab at gmail dot com

Have you checked the box at the bottom? I mention this with great humbleness. Because, I too missed this on my first few PMs.

48095719626_d2db8794a5.jpg

Been away for a few days.

Thanks, Kenny - with help from a few like you, I'll get the hang of it yet!

smt

Back