• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

I'm asking for trouble with this question... let it rip... When to buy a Sonerai...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you say a Sonerai is a bad first aircraft? Was interested in getting one with the help of someone else already with a PL then using the aircraft to get initial time. Or am I asking for lots of trouble?

Thank you.

People always ask me this about motorcycles. Tough to say, because so much depends on the person. A sports bike is fine if you are intelligent, careful, decisive, and have good self restraint. The plane depends on all those as well, in addition to how big your runway is and how the winds are.

Some people believe that, as sure as God, sport bikes will get you killed. Likewise there's an equal number of foolish pilots that believe, sure as God, a taildragger will get you killed.

A fellow here just posted about flipping his Sonerai on his maiden flight. :)
https://www.sonerai.net/threads/first-flight.5017/#post-38201

Back