• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Instruments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a couple of MGL Vega singles in place of two 21/2" analog guages.

One is a G-meter I installed in place of a (way too heavy for it's purpose) analog voltmeter. Because stick forces are so light, I wanted a G indication for pull up to initiate aerobatic maneuvers. So far, I do loops, barrel rolls, aileron rolls, wing-overs, and humpty-bumps without ever pulling more than 3.5G.

The other is the EMS-1 engine monitor. Though, I'm only using it for CHT on all cylinders. I've pretty much reached the conclusion that the CHT indication I have is not very accurate. So, I'm in the process of installing this in its place. Haven't yet had a chance to fly it.

As far as fancy EFIS and moving map though, I just just use an iPad with Foreflight and a Sentry ADS-B receiver. The GPS altitude and ground speed read out on the bottom tape are useful. But, I don't really use the GPS derived EFIS function.

Last edited:
Back