• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Is this a A or B wing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stack1

Hi, I’m a newbie at this, and I’m hoping for some advise.
I went to look at a S2 yesterday and the seller said the wing was modified, but I don’t think so. Of course I forgot to count the ribs, but when I looked at the fuselage end of the wing panels, I didn’t see an angle piece on the top of spar web and I didn’t see any reinforcements where the spar and ribs meet. Would a B wing still have these reinforcements?

I know its either an A or B wing because all the rib flanges point towards the fuselage....

thank you for your help!

83437368-FFF2-4164-B593-77579BBD520D.jpeg24E666B3-1A12-4EE9-B8C4-FF995FA0C6B0.jpeg83437368-FFF2-4164-B593-77579BBD520D.jpeg24E666B3-1A12-4EE9-B8C4-FF995FA0C6B0.jpeg

Thank you for the quick reply Fred!
I’ve been researching on this site and that was my understanding, but I’m to much of a novice to be Confident...

I guess as along as the Gross weight is limited to 950, it’s fine without the mod?

Back