• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking For Assistance In The Pacific Northwest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhantomPhlyer

Hello All;

I am a new member to the group near Anacortes, WA and I have been interested in building a Sonerai II LTS for awhile and am now ready to enter the fold. I need the Stretched version because I am 6'4/ 230 so I obviously have a question regarding fit.

Will I even be able to fit without extensive modification to the turtledeck and vertical stab height?

I have read some threads regarding enlarging the turtledeck and rudder which also seems to entail modifying the canopy also

I looked at a midwing awhile back but found that my legs won't go under the spar carry through, hence the need for the Low wing where the back of my legs go over the carry through.

Before I get too far involved in the project and find out too late that I won't fit...are there any members near Burlington or Mt. Vernon, Washington with a low wing Sonerai II that might allow me to try sitting in it for a size reference when this covid 19 lockdown is over?

Any advice from more experienced people would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone.

To phantomplhyer, to can build the airplane for a single seat and not adding the front seat and will give you all the room you need. If interested I can forward you some pictures I have to give you an idea the added room you will have. Thats if you dont mind flying solo. Benefits are the added room and can add an additional fuel tank for more fuel. Fred has a tank added to his floor which I thought was a great idea. You can call me at 7179392710 and I be more than happy to forward the pictures I have. Take care, Angelo.

Kennyw; Thank you for that. As soon as this covid mess is over I will get hold of you and arrange something. I am looking forward to seeing 4SP It looks nice in the photo you sent.

Hi, I am Harry from Tampa [freeinhim]. I have a 2180vw 2L. I would love to see the pics of the gas tank front seat mount. I have some pics also of Al's mid wing Sonerai with the front seat gas tank mounting. His plane is based at South Lakeland Airport in Florida My number is: 813-610-8226 I'll see if I can post them to my album. I have to 'fix' the cowl on mine and baffling to correct the lack of cooling issue caused by the previous owner.

Folks; looking back through messages and postings it appears that I have been horribly remiss in thanking KennyW for showing me his airplane and allowing me to try it on for size. I honestly thought I had sent a thank you to Kenny personally as well as a thank you post to the thread here. Since I am unable to locate either one, I want to make sure that Kenny receives my sincere thanks. Even if a bill late. And an apology for it's lateness. If anyone gets a chance to see his aircraft it is a really nice example. Thanks again to Kenny and everyone else who responded.

Folks; looking back through messages and postings it appears that I have been horribly remiss in thanking KennyW for showing me his airplane and allowing me to try it on for size. I honestly thought I had sent a thank you to Kenny personally as well as a thank you post to the thread here. Since I am unable to locate either one, I want to make sure that Kenny receives my sincere thanks. Even if a bill late. And an apology for it's lateness. If anyone gets a chance to see his aircraft it is a really nice example. Thanks again to Kenny and everyone else who responded.

No Worries!

I enjoyed the meet up and visit. I'm always just a little amazed at what a truly small world it is. To run into someone with such a similar background in the Navy (and a former WINFC member to boot!) was a treat!

Did you come to a decision yet as to what airplane you want to build?

You're welcome to come and try on 994SP. Its a S-2L at Arlington.

Hi, I just joined and looking to get into a Sonerai. I live in Lynnwood, perhaps if you have some spare time you could show me your airplane? No rush on it.

Hi, I just joined and looking to get into a Sonerai. I live in Lynnwood, perhaps if you have some spare time you could show me your airplane? No rush on it.

You bet! I'm un ...er, self-employed. So, my schedule is pretty flexible most days. Let me know when you'd like to come up.

My hangar is at Arlington (KAWO). I live about 30 minutes away from the airport.

Back