• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Maintenance schedule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zalb

Hello to all. I'm a new owner of a Sonerai 2L. I have been researching quite a lot but without success about this topic. I wanted to gather some information about what to look at (in the airframe) every 50, 100, 500 hours, or at annual inspection. Thanks in advance.

You'll find this useful: http://www.sonerai.net/smf/index.php?topic=2481.msg18068#msg18068

I regularly check things like rudder horn, aileron hinges canopy hinges and around the screws and nuts that fasten the canopy to the canopy skirt for cracks. I also tug on the fancy front step on 994SP just forward of the left wing leading edge as it being loose is a good indicator that the landing gear hardware needs to be retorqued.

I also check the torque on the prop bolts at the same time I do the 25hr oil change/head retorque/ and valve adjustment.

I've got it down so that I drain the oil after flying on one day. Then, I do the 25hr and fly again the next day.

Back