• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

My Flying Season Ends Early

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, fellas. I'm pretty upset about it. Was just thinking that I've finally got my engine cooling where I want it, the engine is running well and the good fall flying weather is here ... I'm in for lots of good flying in the next couple of months. Then this. But there is a silver lining in that I've been thinking I'd like to raise the tail fin like Tim Kline did and now's my chance. Like our president says, I'm going to build back better!

Ed

Merci, les gars. J'en suis assez contrarié. Je pensais juste que j'ai enfin refroidi mon moteur là où je le veux, que le moteur tourne bien et que le beau temps de vol d'automne est là... Je suis parti pour beaucoup de bons vols dans les prochains mois. Ensuite ceci. Mais il y a un côté positif dans la mesure où j'ai pensé que j'aimerais soulever la nageoire caudale comme Tim Kline l'a fait et c'est maintenant ma chance. Comme le dit notre président, je vais reconstruire en mieux !

Ed
[/CITATION]
Bon courage à toi et, vraiment désolé pour toi et ta machine !

I am not one who sues for no reason but I would want the cost of renting a plane until mine was fixed. this is nothing you did wrong. I saw a gal giving directions to an RV tail wheel plane. At an AOPA fly-in had him taxi right into a taxi way light. the pilot could not see it and was relying on the volunteer person directing him to see for him. I yelled stop that plane !!! She could not hear me. He hit it dead center not sure how she missed a 2 foot yellow pole with a 6 inch blue light on top but she did. It destroyed the prop plus and engine tear down. it was not his home field. He shut down and just lowered his head. Now on your accident The Waco pilot just passed the Paved taxi way. What was he trying to do and where was he going. I also had a Mooney pilot almost hit me sometimes you wish you had a horn. He was moving and just not paying attention. I am sorry for the damage to your plane ED this type of thing just should not happen. Are some pilots just brain dead when on the ground?

So glad nobody got hurt. Your attitude is excellent (as always). I'm sure the Waco driver feels terrible and his insurance company is involved. Good luck with the new tail feathers.

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, everyone. Yes, Mr. Waco has insurance and he's been a pleasure to deal with. When someone accepts responsibility for a mistake that goes a long way with me. Once I get it in my garage I'm hoping the work goes quickly.

you can fix that real quick. especially if waco is paying for help. Let me know? No reson to waste the flying season.

Mr. Waco should mount that prop in his hangar. Guy a couple of doors down from me has a twisted metal prop as sculpture stuck in the dirt. A constant reminder.

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, everyone. Yes, Mr. Waco has insurance and he's been a pleasure to deal with. When someone accepts responsibility for a mistake that goes a long way with me. Once I get it in my garage I'm hoping the work goes quickly.

Sounds like you had at least a bit of luck there. The guy in the T-hangar behind me had his beautifully restored Stearman clipped by a SuperCub driver that did something unexpected and wasn't paying attention. Now they're both locked in a legal dispute.

Back