• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

N2718V

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mytonic

2020 2LS, 2180 VW, GP starter alt, EarthX Lithium battery, Aero brakes, Aero tailwheel. This is my 2nd Sonerai build, first build 1986 2LT.

Attachments

• 1662.jpeg
    1662.jpeg
    969.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 1658.jpeg
    1658.jpeg
    850.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 3668.jpeg
    3668.jpeg
    871.5 KB · Views: 195
Mytonic,

Can you explain the design of the front lower cowl? It looks interesting. Mine is basically smooth and has the air filter and fuel sump protruding from it. Is there an advantage to having the flare? Absolutely beautiful build by the way!

Mytonic,

Can you explain the design of the front lower cowl? It looks interesting. Mine is basically smooth and has the air filter and fuel sump protruding from it. Is there an advantage to having the flare? Absolutely beautiful build by the way!
The scoop was added to create less pressure at the cooling air dump and improve airflow through the cowling.

Now to me that is what the plane is suppose to look like. When folks raise the height in the cockpit for taller folks and add plexiglass for visibility I understand why but it just ruins the look. that is a beautiful plane best of luck with it

I like the 3rd photo best with the prop horizontal. It looks like the face of the plane.

Back