• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

N685L for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhflyit

Well it’s also time to part with my S2 which is also bittersweet. I accomplished my goal of a less than $20k airplane to prove our sport more affordable than some would think. I also plumbed the engine which I didn’t get to do on my RV8 – two boxes checked. My daughter started at FSU this fall and larger transportation is necessary. Presidential TFR’s start again soon and curtail flight opportunities for my SII.
Originally completed and flown in 1984 by John Lund. John’s father built B17’s during WWII and made sure John knew how to weld. I bought and started restoring the airplane in 2012 with only the wings (partly repainted), the fuse (sand blasted, repainted and recovered with the Stewart System) and gear original. Rewired (partly includes original Lunar Lander silk thread tied by an original Lander electrical engineer). First post restoration flight in July 2016.
Airframe TT 132 hours. 52TT on a 2013 Steve Bennett built 2276 GP engine (one of the last he built). Mag and GP Secondary low height electronic ignition. 50 X 50 Sterba propeller, electric start, MGL EFIS (w/engine management) - EGT(4), CHT(4), Oil pressure, Oil temp., manifold pressure, RPM plus all the necessary flight instruments. MGL V10 com. 11 rib B wing with wing walk. 5.00 x 5 wheels and GP hydraulic brakes. Tinted canopy. 594 empty weight. 5/8 landing gear. . 130-135 mph cruise at ~3300 rpm. Is a reliable airplane. Turtle deck has been raised 3 inches and vertical stab raised 4 inches. Also posted on Barnstormers.

Back