• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

N994SP S-IIL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennyw

2nd and current "Caretaker" N994SP
Supporting Member
N994SP is Scott Plischke's S-IIL. The link below is a KitPlanes article that gives some of the history of the plane.

Born Again: TX Sonerai - Rob (Smokey) Ray

I purchased 4SP from Smokey Ray in 2017. And, I've put over 300 hours on it here in the PNW. The only changes I've made were to replace the analog volt meter with a simple idiot light that gives an over/under volts indication. I put an MGL G-meter in the 2-1/4" hole left by the old voltmeter.

I've recently had a 500hr IRAN performed on the Slick 4316 magneto by Aircraft Magneto Service.

In addition, I've also replace the tailwheel assembly with an API tapered tail spring and 4" single-arm tailwheel.

50676494238_541d5a75e7_z.jpg

51156092762_c5057a3f3c_z.jpg

49604441468_23511df1eb_z.jpg

I think everybody here at Sonerai.net feels an attachment to N994SP. Scott was a gentleman, a father, and great guy to know. Thank you for posting. Please keep it up. Blue skies. -PZ
PS: that's a heck of a photo, hanging on the prop vertical

I didn't pay attention to the background at first and assumed the picture was rotated 90 degrees but now I see! Nice.

Ed

I have flown with Scott in his plane in 2009, he was a great guy and I want to honor him

Unfortunately, I never got to meet Scott. The first I knew about 4SP was a picture of it in Barnstormers, when Smokey Ray put it up for sale. But, it is a great little airplane. Scott was a very talented builder.

It was not just the beautiful plane that Scott made. Scott was a web designer as well and designed and setup this website Sonerai.net for all of us who build and love Sonerai. There would never have been a Sonerai.net if not for Scott. Blue Skies Scott.

Back