• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Name That Part v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonfilipa

Supporting Member
Back in the tail section, the plans show a couple of bushings - circled in blue in attached pic - mounted to the crossmember. I'm guessing these are for mounting the battery box as shown but wanted to check. Or said another way given I'd like to use a modern, lighter battery and not install the aft battery box but wanted to check to make sure I wasn't leaving out something that was used for some other purpose.

Attachments

• tail section bushings.PNG
    tail section bushings.PNG
    34.7 KB · Views: 43
Back in the tail section, the plans show a couple of bushings - circled in blue in attached pic - mounted to the crossmember. I'm guessing these are for mounting the battery box as shown but wanted to check. Or said another way given I'd like to use a modern, lighter battery and not install the aft battery box but wanted to check to make sure I wasn't leaving out something that was used for some other purpose.
If the bushings are on a cross member of the top longerons the bushings are for the horizontal stab to bolt to, probable will not use if you install stab trim system

Yep. They are for bolts that go through the leading edge of the horizontal stab.

Back