• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need fuel cap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD1

I've lost my fuel cap, and need another one. It is the type with a tube vent. Sonerai II. Anyone know a resource for a replacement?

Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

• fuelCap.JPG
    fuelCap.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 84
That sure looks like a homemade fuel cap and vent. I think that you simply have to gather up the materials and fabricate a new one. I don't know what your skill level is but any homebuilder could put that together with you.

Looks like a common rubber compression kinda fuel cap and some hardware to include a bolt drilled through, a brass wingnut and some probably quarter inch tubing bent and either brazed or JB welded to top.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. Your assessment seems right on. Since I was not the original builder, I'm not sure about the construction details. I'll have to figure it out, but it sounds like you described it perfectly.

Jim

Back