• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I just received my Sonerai II plans from Sonex yesterday. I plan on building a 2 seat mid-wing 2180 VW. I'm building it so my wife and I can have our own plane to enjoy, and graduate away from renting Cherokees on the weekends. Any advice is welcome before I start!

Before settling on the mid-wing, find one to sit in, both you and wife. The low wing offers more room for the front because the seat back can be moved back several inches due to lowering the spar carry through

Back