• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New from North Carolina with Sonerai questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from North Carolina.

Always admired the Sonerai I over the years.

Have a few Sonerai I questions. Found a project for sale with completed wings with fuselage and control surfaces covered and primed. The landing gear, canopy and prop are included.

My tailwheel experience, over 100 hours on a 1948 PA17 Vagabond (short wing Piper/short coupled) during the last 3 years on mostly grass strip. Not familiar with Sonerai to/landing characteristics. Do you have enough prop clearance for wheel landings if a Rotax 912 80HP is installed with larger diameter prop?

I'm 66 years old, 6' and 200 pounds, am I too big? Never sat in a Sonerai before.

Also thinking about going with a 2400CC VW engine, would this give enough take off performance off of a 2000' grass strip?

What questions should be asked about builder modifications/updates like S wing mod?

Can this airplane meet the Light sport rules for stall and top speed? Don't mind using a climb prop for short field climb performance and to keep speed down to meet Light Sport top speed rules.

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
Back