New Material list

Help Support Sonerai.net:

Elviar

After Sonerai 1 posted a revised parts list a few days ago I checked it for changes against my original material list from six years ago. I haven't found any changes, but I do have some questions about some items on the list. I'm almost six years (on and off...) into my Sonerai II Stretch project and so far I have not found a use for the 3rd ( .063 x 1" x 72") and 5th ( .090 x 6" x 72") items listed in the 4130 Sheet Kit. Also, I don't understand the dimension given for the stainless steel firewall (1" x 1" x 1/2" x 18' ?) I don't recall reading anything in the old news letters or on the site regarding these points, and I could be missing something, but if these items are not correct it would be good for future builders to know in order to avoid ordering material that isn't correct or isn't needed. Any guidance or enlightenment would be appreciated.

eschrom

It's been a long time for me but I do recall still having the 0.090 x 6 x 72 after the building was finished. I never purchased any stainless steel. The others I'm not sure about.

Ed

Sonerai 1

Thanks for the feed-back on the material list. It is a reprint from Great Planes. I haven't build one since 1984 so when I get a chance I'll look into the material list errors.

n109jb

When I built mine B&F Aircraft was still in business and only about 25 miles from me. Sure was nice getting a "what do I need this week" list together and spending $100 at a time to build an airplane. Wish they were still around.