• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Racing Discussion Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmleff

Greetings air racing fans!

I want to explain why the Racing board has closed and where the discussion has been moved to. Here are the quick details:

Who?
Ed Fisher and I have started a forum call Affordable Air Racing. This forum is owned and moderated by Ed and myself.

What?
The new forum covers both Super Vee Air Racing and Sportsman Air Racing.

When?
Now, the forum is active for registration. There is not much there as of yet but we will be adding the rules and appropriate discussion forums.

Where?
www.Affordableairracing.proboards.com

Why?
Possibly one of most important questions. It is not fair to Scott and the Sonerai.Net membership to continue the discussion on Sonerai.Net. Its has obviously been a source of conflict which does not meet the true purpose of Sonerai.Net, which is discussing and helping others build, maintain and fly Sonerai Aircraft. Even though Super Vee and Sportsman air racing have no legal ties to the original Formula V air racing, it has attracted some of its "baggage". Sorting through this baggage should not be the responsibility of Scott. It should belong to Ed and I. We are in full cooperation with Scott and Sonerai.Net. Scott is allowing me to post air racing related announcements to the general section of Sonerai.Net but they will not be open for discussion.

This site is moderated and is not visible to non members. Feel free to stop buy and register.

Hey Guys,
I will delete my web site now that this is up and running :-\ I was just trying to help promote the VW class.......Thanks to all that joined, let's get on board with Jeff and Ed and make this a great place to talk VW Air Racing!!!! ;D

Thanks.........
Ron
ps. Jeff and Ed..... I was NOT trying too step on any ones toes, I was just trying to Help!!!!!

Thanks, Ron, for your post, and interest, and help, and to all the others that are joining. Most of all, thanks to Scott for Sonerai.net....Ed F.

Thank you Jeff, Ed, and Scott. I look forward to visiting the new racing site.

Thank you also, Ron. I don't think you stepped on any toes - you made your (honorable) intent clear in a previous post.

Tom

My hope was just to help out! I want to see this class grow more than most. I ques because I don't have any "Credit" as an Air Racer, no one is willing to take me serious!!!! I have so much Respect for Jeff and Ed (and Chad) and what they are trying to do.

The more I think about it, the more I want to keep my site open....I may not have the experience of some of the "others", but I have a sincere interest in VW engine class racing. I have "NO" hard feelings, I just want to see this class make it!

I just ask that anyone who has a sincere interest in this would STEP up and help in anyway they can........"WE" need everyone to make this come true!!!!

Thanks.......Ron

I added a "Racing" link on the Sonerai.net main menu so that we have easy access to Jeff and Ed's new Affordable Air Racing Forum.

This topic is now locked. It's time to discuss air-racing on the new forum.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back