• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Sonerai Builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mx5tc

Supporting Member
I've been lurking on this forum ever since I saw a Sonerai IIL project in a friends hangar in the summer on 2018. I was impressed by how well designed, efficient and economical the Sonerai was, especially for a retiree like me. I started reading/researching the Sonerai and discovered the active community on Sonerai.net and Fred at Sonerai Works LLC. I called Fred and talked to him about the design and after I finished my conversation with Fred, I was ready to own a Sonerai project. I tried for several months to convince my friend to do a partnership on the project sitting idle in his hangar (he was finishing up another homebuilt at that time) but he didn't want a partner in the Sonerai. I kept looking for Sonerai projects on Barnstormers but never found one that was to the right price and the right project.

Last August, my friend called me up out the blue and asked if I would be interested in purchasing his Sonerai project. Duh, of course I was! A few weeks later, SN 1551L was sitting in my hangar at ARR (in numerous pieces) and waiting for me to get started. I've procrastinated getting started too long, so I've started working on the project this month.

Mitch

Attachments

• FuseSide.jpg
    FuseSide.jpg
    1,004 KB · Views: 92
  • CradledWings.jpg
    CradledWings.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 97
  • FrontView.jpg
    FrontView.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
Back