• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Sonerai I Airframe Board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmleff

Greetings,

The Sonerai I board is now live. Its purpose is to discuss topics related to an SI that do not apply to and SII, (like gear leg wedges). The goal and purpose is to clear up some of the confusion about these topics. Its seems that we have a growing SI population and these topics are coming up more often.

So, if it pertains specifically to an SI airframe, post it here. If it pertains to any of the SII models, post it in the Sonerai II Airframe Discussion Board. Lets keep the line between the two distinct, unless its for comparison purposes.

Any input on how we could further reduce confusion and improve the site is welcome.

Distances on S1 for CG calculations

Hello guys

These last few weeks I've been working on my S1 CG issue, and it required that I check all dimension I could to improve the CG calculations.
we all know that no 2 of these S1 are the same

so Here are the details I measured on my S1...

L E to spar...................15 7/8 ''
L E to Frwl...................10 3/16''
Frwl to spar.................26 11/16''
spar to Z1 aft limit....... 16 1/4'' Lower fuel tank zone(Z1)
Z1 ..............................9 5/16'' total length
Z1 arm.......................-4.65''
Z2 arm......................+ 2.5''(upper fuel tank Z2)

Hope these details may help someone someday

should you find a probable mistake in it, please advise...

Gaston

I do have a question about the S I board. Presuming I have an issue or information that I believe affects both the S I and S II, where should I post it?

I have an S I but I am not that familiar with the S II. Some airframe information is "obviously" common to both, some to one or the other, but some may be in doubt - at least for those of us who aren't that familiar with the entire fleet.

Thanks,

Dick Frederick

Well, OK, tube welding obviously applies both to the S I and S II. I presume most subjects apply to both airframes, such as toe brakes. So, if a contributor is sure the subject applies to both, which forum should he post in? What if he is unsure?

Dick

The airframes are not really that much the same, but since you are building an SI, post it here.

There is going to be some crossover, but lets see how it goes.

Back