• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Nose strut steel part

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyguyeddy

Where is everyone getting the 3/16” thick piece that holds the front wheel? Ive not been able to locate it anywhere that isnt retarded expensive?

Wick's 0.190 x 9 x 18, four times what you need, is $55. Or is that the expensive stuff you referred to? They'll cut it for a fee.

Ed

I called them and asked, i dont believe they can even cut that. Yes, thats the expensive stuff i was referencing. Definitely more than i need.

3 other people out there wanna build a tri gear plane? 😂

Flyguyeddy said:
I called them and asked, i dont believe they can even cut that. Yes, thats the expensive stuff i was referencing. Definitely more than i need.

3 other people out there wanna build a tri gear plane? 😂

I want to build the stretch with tricycle gear.

What alloy?

A bunch of us have a loose machinist club in the Ithaca/Newark Valley axis. Last night, besides hanging a 19' lineshaft in one member's shop, discussion was on the cost of steels which in some cases have doubled since last year. Seems to be due to supplier uncertainty re: tariffs & trade issues.

smt

Back