• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

obien kr axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyguyeddy

i have a 2s that im looking to use some of the tracy obrien c90 brakes on, but the gear have already been drilled, and i am almost positive that the bolt pattern will not fit the c90 unit. i noticed that they also sell some of these for kr's. is it possible to use these on the gear leg for the sonerai if you cut the bottom part off? im not sure what the kr has for legs, but im guessing they are fiberglass.

thoughts?

The top is what you'd have to cut off because the bottom of the gear leg is vertical (nearly). But if the hole pattern on your gear is what the plans specify, these won't fit it, so you'd have to add more holes, possibly swiss cheesing the metal. I suggest making your own.

Ed

Perhaps i wasnt terribly clear with my intentions.
This is what i mean, cut it off right at the red line as far down the 15” part as can be done, then drill for the above linked axle plates and install

Oh, I see. You meant cut the gear leg, not the axle assembly. I guess it could work if the angles match but you'd be on your own to fit up wheel pants. It would be a one of a kind, for sure. Nothing wrong with being unique though.

I think it would be a bad idea to cut the gear legs. There is no returning from that. You should be able to make or have axles made that will bolt right up to the existing gear leg. That is how I would do it.

Back