• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Older( read heavier) Pilot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arron25

I have had my S2L for a while and it has sat in the shed for too long. I want to put her back up, but age/spread has me 15kg over the recommended max for the pilot seat.
Is there a corrected C of G calculation to allow for a heavier pilot or a structural/ballast mod to do the same. I intend to put her back as single seat utilising the front cabin floor for a second 60l fuel tank and the rest for storage, with a Jab 4/6 up front( not decided ..have a 2200, but like the idea extra weight/power of the 3300 .. but even the smaller has so much more that the original 1835) Any suggestions grateful Thanks Lyle

Back