• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Oshkosh 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soneraifred

Supporting Member
Only 3-1/2 weeks before the start of Oshkosh 2015. My plans are slowly taking shape. I'll be there all week with my airplane. I hope to be parked near the Aeroplane Workshop (which is midway between the Homebuilder's Headquarters and the Homebuilder's Hangar), where I will have my SoneraiWorks table. Please stop by and chat. I'm going to fly up on the 11th or 12th, and get a ride home. Then, I'll bring my truck and camper up on Saturday, the 18th.

I'm also doing a few forums:
1. The "Sonerai Builder's Forum" will be on Monday, July 20, at 2:30 PM in Forum #2
2. My "Sonerai Stories" forum will be on Thursday, July 23, at 1:00 PM in Workshop #3.
3. My "Demystifying Weight and Balance" forum will be on Friday, July 24, at 8:30AM in Workshop #3

Jeff Lange and I have talked about doing a Sonerai Picnic again this year, but we haven't firmed up any details yet. Stay tuned.

See you all there.

Fred, Understand that things are taking shape as far as the schedule, but do you have a date selected for the Sonerai picnic, and do you know the date and time for the homebuilders dinner? Can't find it on the web for some reason…Ed

Schmleff said:
With any luck, I will be there with mine. I am within days of flying it again ; )
HI Jeff! What are you doing to your Sonerai this year?

Hi Ed: No date has been set for a picnic, as we haven't yet figured out where to have it. The Homebuilder's Dinner is always Thursday evening at the Nature Center. Usually, the bar is open at 6:00 PM, and dinner is served at 7:00 PM. You coming?

Thanks Fred, Have you approached the EAA Chapter with the hangar on the field?..They were amiable to us before. I thought I mentioned that before.
Will I be there?…Have only missed two since 1970, and I don't want to miss this one, but I won't be able to decide till the last minute this time….Work, Health issues, and Money……I have been in this position before,,we shall see. I certainly 'want' to be there….Ed

I still have plans to fly my plane out there as well. Departing 7/16 and with good weather arriving the same day.
Planned stops @ Washington County PA. KAFJ, Findlay Ohio KFDY, Lewis University Illinois KLOT, Dodge County KUNU Wisconsin and finally KOSH One of my friends will be a wingman in his Cherokee 160 and two of my buddies are driving my truck and 5th Wheel. We will be camping in Scholler and I will park the plane in the Homebuilt area.

I'll have the Suberai there. Weather permitting I'll be leaving the morning of the 18th and arriving shortly before the field shuts down that night. Otherwise I'll be there the morning of the 19th. It'll be parked in the homebuilt area and I'll be working the AvMap booth in Hangar C.

It'll be hard to miss. Just look for the the ugliest, most un-Sonerai looking Sonerai there.

Looks like I'll be making it for the first time.
We are planning on camping in the vintage area, should be there all week so hope to meet up with as many of you as possible and attending some of the forums!

OK boys, the first Sonerai has arrived in Oshkosh for the AirVenture 2015. I flew her up this afternoon (the whole trip took 0.8 hours), and she's tucked away in a friend's hangar on the east side of the airport. Next Saturday, I'll taxi her over to the EAA grounds for the week.

Is there anyway to reserve a little area to keep the Sonerai's together? So far it seems like there will only be a handful of us there, but it would be nice to be together.

-Joe

Planning to be at OSH somewhere in Scholler, but without the Sonerai.

I’ve been DNF since late Feb for inner ear issues. After minor surgery, I finally flew the Sonerai last Saturday. Great to get back up, but still working off my phase 1 hours.

Happy to help with picnic stuff…

Mike “Wafer” Then

I am happy that I have been able to figure out a way to be at OSH for 3 days, so I will be at the campsite tues, weds, thurs……Ed

Back