• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Oshkosh 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soneraifred

Supporting Member
I have to admit that i’m a little surprised with the lack of Oshkosh chatter this year. So, I’ll start some. I’m planning to be there most of the week. I think I’ll fly the Sonerai up next Wednesday or Thursday, then bring my “new” camper (it’s a 1997 Dutchman 801D pop-up) up on Friday or Saturday. The plan is to park the airplane in the “Auto Engines” row in front of the Homebuilder’s Headquarters. There will be no Sonerai Builders Forum this year, since most of you have seen it already, but I will be at the airplane every day for anyone who wants to stop by and talk Sonerai’s.
So, is anyone else coming? Is anyone bringing a Sonerai? It would really be great if mine is not the only one.
I hope to see you there.

Fred, I wish I could be there but unfortunately won't be able to make it this year. I would love to talk Sonerais all day. My phone calls and emails to you over the years probably add up to a day! Jon

I'll be camping all week at Camp Scholler in the old Winnebago. I'll be sure to find you and ask a bunch of fresh Sonerai questions. I wish you could bring the Wagabond too. I'd love to check it out!

Elviar

Fred, I will be there on Thursday and will be looking for your airplane. It is my annual shot of motivation to keep working on mine...

Attachments

• P1010028_small.JPG
    P1010028_small.JPG
    348.9 KB · Views: 82
I'll be there from Wed - Fri. Hope to see and hear of ya'lls building progress. Maybe a time to meet for lunch can be set for one of the days?

Fred - I might fly my Sonerai in for a day. But I have a few buddies that want me to fly in with them in their planes. We'll see...

I'll be flying in on Friday with my RV4 and parking in the RV4 special parking they have this year to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the 4. I'll be tent camping in Scholler this year which will be a new experience for me.

I would love to go. Life is really in the way right now. Im in the middle of moving. I tried to get my girlfriend to use our house money instead on a trip to airplane "disneyland" but she says we need a place to live. N671SB is almost complete and I am looking forward to meeting and flying with as many of you guys as i can. Have a good time!

Does anyone know where they are hiding the sonerai 1 prototype? It is not on display in the museum

Brandon,
On the grass behind the Stits Polyfiber Class pavillion which is across from the Polyfiber open air workshop. Its there along with the Stits Playboy and this little red high wing that I couldn't figure the name of. Anybody know what it is?

Fred, Sure enjoyed looking at your redbird, very nice! My buddy liked all the fly-in participation stickers inside the canopy.
Jeff Lange yours is a hotrod, cool.

Hank

Attachments

• Sonerai Proto.JPG
    Sonerai Proto.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 67
Thanks for the kind words. This was her 26th visit to OSH. I flew her home this morning so that I could get a ride back to recover my truck and camper. I hope everyone had a good time. I enjoyed the conversations with everyone who stopped by.

Fred,

I was by your airplane several times never saw you, maybe next year!

Tim

My air time yesterday from OSH to N57 South east Pa was 3.99 hours

Tim:
Sorry I missed you. I was usually at the airplane from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, with a short break around noon to get a sandwich.
Now, just a note to jab all you Sonerai flyers out there. Mine was the ONLY Sonerai II on the field during the week. Jeff Lange’s Sonerai I was the only one, also. Two rows north of me were EIGHT Pietenpols, a couple with Model A Ford Engines. If they could fly in, I know you could fly yours in. How about more that one Sonerai next year?

Greetings folks! I had my plane there but was not able to stay with it to chat with my whole family with me this year. Hope to be there again next year with it.

FWIW, I moved a 2L project and a 100HP Rotax home today... I will need a year or two to get it wrapped up ; )

Soneraifred said:
Tim:
Now, just a note to jab all you Sonerai flyers out there. Mine was the ONLY Sonerai II on the field during the week. How about more that one Sonerai next year?

Count on it Fred!*
V/R
Smokey

*This despite living 1000 miles away and not having a Sonerai, but my RV6X would do its best S2 inpersonation. 8)

Back