• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Oshkosh airshow and concealed pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMartin

I never been to Oshkosh but going this year. I can legally carry a pistol in most states including Wisconsin and do carry while travelling.
I decided to ride my motorcycle instead of taking the motorhome so it will be on me instead of hidden in the motorhome.
I understand with large events they need security. How is the security there? I don't have it outside but concealed under my jacket, even in summer on a bike.
The wife and kid will be coming pulling our camper to camp at Scholler so after I'm in the campground I'll be leaving the pistol in the camper not walking around with it.
Thanks

I never been to Oshkosh but going this year. I can legally carry a pistol in most states including Wisconsin and do carry while travelling.
I decided to ride my motorcycle instead of taking the motorhome so it will be on me instead of hidden in the motorhome.
I understand with large events they need security. How is the security there? I don't have it outside but concealed under my jacket, even in summer on a bike.
The wife and kid will be coming pulling our camper to camp at Scholler so after I'm in the campground I'll be leaving the pistol in the camper not walking around with it.
Thanks
You won’t need it. We don’t have shootings at the airport here in Wisconsin.

The one website I know I can go to and just read about Sonerai aircraft and forget everything else. Please don’t start this stuff here. I’ll go with The comment by Sonerai1.

The one website I know I can go to and just read about Sonerai aircraft and forget everything else. Please don’t start this stuff here. I’ll go with The comment by Sonerai1.
This is posted in the General Chit-Chat area of the forums.
"Off topic board for anything that's not directly related to the Sonerai. Please keep it clean -- it's a "G" rated site"

Firearms are prohibited at the airshow per EAA's rules. https://www.eaa.org/airventure/about-eaa-airventure-oshkosh/policies/prohibited-items

They do check for stuff like that at the gates too. I'd leave it out of the show if you don't want to get into a heated argument with the gate staff and/or kicked out. There is a very large military and police presence on the field just due to the nature of the show, so there should be a rapid response if anything does happen.

Proper situational awareness is the first and most important factor in personal safety and protection. Weapons come much further down the list of skills/equipment required.

I bring mine and leave it in the camper. I would not carry it on the flight line. They check bags etc at the main gates. The smaller less used gates not so much. It is usually so hot during the show tank tops and shorts is the clothing of choice. I am ccw and WI resident and I see no reason really to carry. One of the safest places I ever feel. Besides. The density of people almost anywhere really makes discharge of a weapon seriously high risk of collateral damage.

The rules in camp scholler state that firearms are prohibited. It IS private property. Inside the fence is county property.

Just my opinion.

Looking good. Did the ASI come from another airplane? Red line at 150 kts isn't right for a Sonerai.

Ed

I guess if you want to get technical, EAA does post that firearms are prohibited, but the way that they do it is not legally binding. So....???

Back